Make a Good Life...and a Good Living.... in Roane County, TN
Ten Largest Employers
| VW Project
| Economic Development Strategy
Lush green foliage and gently rolling hills punctuated by steep bluffs; sweeping valleys cradling clear rivers and lakes; clean air, hospitable people and a relaxed pace: This is Roane County, Tennessee. Located in the Southern Appalachian Mountains, Roane County is just 30 miles west of Knoxville, is just a short drive to Nashville, Chattanooga or Asheville, North Carolina and is easily accessible via Interstate 40 or any of the numerous state and federal highways that crisscross this centrally-located area.
Award-winning schools and crime-free neighborhoods make relocating the family near the breathtaking Smoky Mountains an easy decision. Within an hour's drive of one of the country's most visited and breathtaking national parks and home to one of the nation's most highly-regarded National Research Labs, Roane County has a lot to offer:
- Low cost of living (12% below national norm)
- Crime rates well below the national average
- The top county public school system in the middle east Tennessee area
- Short drive to the University of Tennessee, a highly competitive research university... a citadel for research that attracts bright minds and potential employees.
- Sporting activities ranging from mountain climbing in the nearby Appalachians to leisurely boat cruises and world-class fishing on one of the south's most beautiful lakes.
- Home to a 3,000-acre deep-water lake, with more miles of waterfront than any other lake in East Tennessee.
- Short drive to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Home of the Oak Ridge National Lab
Roane County, TN has always had a lot to offer -- the charm of small-town living, along with urban amenities next door -- but until the last few years, it has been a well-kept secret. The growth this area is experiencing right now is just the tip of the iceberg and is being fueled by several factors, including:
- location in a high-tech corridor called the Innovation Valley -- home to the largest scientific project in the world and soon to be home to the fastest computer in the world.
- Several high-end residential developments -- being offered at very competitive pricing -- are bringing in thousands of new residents and are in various stages of development.
- An atypically-wide range of educational and occupational training institutions -- one graduated more technical workers than any community college in the country.
Intrigued? Join some of the most innovative industries in the nation and make your move to Roane County.
For more things to see and do in Roane County visit www.RoaneTourism.com
or contact the Roane County Visitors Bureau at 865.376.4201 or 800.FUN.IN.TN.
For economic development efforts or for more information on
economic opportunities within Roane County contact:
The Roane Alliance
865.376.2093 or 800.386.4686