Containers will be placed at the following locations providing an opportunity for residents to dispose of household items (like furniture). Recycle bins will also be at these locations and Michael Dunn will provide their mobile shredding unit for secure document destruction service.at the locations and times listed below. There are some restrictions - no hazardous waste or paint allowed.
• Harriman: 1) Harriman Street Department on Margrave Street, and 2) near the Walnut Hill boat ramp (corner of Old Roane Street and Hickory Street);
• Kingston: Brentwood lower level parking lot across from Hwy 58 Landing (156 S. Kentucky St);
• Oliver Springs: Oliver Springs City Library, 610 Walker Avenue
• Rockwood: 1) City Hall, 110 North Chamberlain, 2) City Garage, 149 South Front Ave, and 3) Brillo Miller Sports Complex, 700 S. Chamberlain Ave.
Michael Dunn mobile shredding unit schedule:
• Kingston: Brentwood lower level parking lot across from Hwy 58 Landing (156 S. Kentucky St) - 8 am - 10 am;
• Rockwood: City Hall, 110 North Chamberlain - 10:30 am - 12:30 pm;
• Harriman: Harrman Street Department on Margrave Street - 1 pm - 3 pm;
• Oliver Springs: Oliver Springs City Library, 610 Walker Avenue - 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm.
Don't forget to 'Like' our new Facebook page for lots more sustainable efforts - Roane County Green Team for the latest info.