Teachers' Supply Closet
The Roane County Chamber of Commerce, the Roane County United Way, Roane State Community College and the Tennessee Technology Center at Harriman are sponsoring the tenth annual Teachers’ Supply Closet. This program helps provide Roane County schools and teachers with needed supplies to help make student activities and learning more effective.
Please tell your friends and acquaintances they may donate classroom supplies and financial contributions to the Teachers’ Supply Closet. Donations and contributions need to be received by Friday, September 21. Click here to see the Supply Closet Flyer and a more complete list of needed supplies.
Donation Collection Points are at:
- The Roane Alliance, 1209 North Kentucky Street, Kingston, TN 37763 Phone: (865) 376-5572
- Roane County United Way, 2735 Roane State Highway, Harriman, TN 37748 Phone: (865) 882-7711
- Roane State Community College: Expo Center, Outside the bookstore in bottom floor of the Dunbar Building, and Downstairs O’Brien Lobby
- Tennessee Technology Center at Harriman: Main entrance lobby.
Financial donations may be sent to the Chamber of Commerce at 1209 N Kentucky St, Kingston, TN 37793. Be sure to write “Teachers’ Supply Closet” in the memo space.
The Teachers’ Supply Closet will be held at the Roane State Community College main campus on Wednesday, September 26, at the Theatre from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. It is recommended that teachers park in the student parking area near the rear of the Theatre. The RSCC main campus is at 276 Patton Lane, Harriman, TN 37748.
Please contact the Roane Alliance (865-376-2093) if you have any questions.
The 2011 Teacher Supply Closet
Last year's Teacher Supply Closet was held on September 28 at Roane State Community College. It was a very successful event with fifty-six teachers coming from thirteen schools. We thank the 2011 Teachers' Supply Closet Sponors and Donors:
Donors for the 2011 Supply Closet:
- Charles and Vickie Smith Charles Stan Cook
- Citizens National Bank
- Danice Turpin
- First Bank of Tennessee
- James and Mildred Scott
- Judy Stratzer
- Kingston Rotary
- Kiwanis Club of Roane County
- Knoxville TVA Employees Credit Union
- Marla Jill McMaster
- Mary and Allen Lutz
- Mary Anne Koltowich
- Mary Wood
- Roane County Anti Drug Coalition
- Roane County Association of Women Executives
- Roane State Community College staff, faculty and students
- Robert N. Kyker
- Rockwood Village Apartments
- Shirley Stone
- Tennessee Technology Center at Harriman staff, faculty and students
- Swan Pond Baptist Church
- Tennessee National Guard - Rockwood
- Tennessee Quarter Horse Association
- The Bridge at Rockwood
- Thomas and Mara Eckhardt
- Express Employment Professionals
- TVA Kingston Fossil Plant
- TVA Knoxville
- US Bank - Kingston
- Virginia Fowler
- Wanda Pinkerton
- and many anonymous donors
The Roane County Teachers' Supply Closet started in 2003 and has become an annual event to collect supplies and monetary donations to help teachers and students in Roane County.
The Supply Closet is a highly-popular and highly-successful effort sponsored by the Chamber, Roane State Community College, Tennessee Technology Center in Harriman and Roane County United Way.
The Teachers' Supply Closet provides a one-day free shopping experience for Roane County's public school teachers," said Leslie Henderson, President and CEO of The Roane Alliance. "They shop for basic supplies, arts and crafts materials, and other classroom supplies - all donated by individuals and area businesses."
"The Teachers' Supply Closet is a great way to help our teachers acquire additional supplies and equipment for their classrooms and students," said Allen Lutz, Education and Workforce Development Specialist for The Roane Alliance. "Donations are greatly appreciated by the teachers and help make student activities and learning more effective."
Items frequently needed for classrooms include: pencils, pens, staplers and staples, three-hole punchers, crayons, ruled writing paper, hand sanitizer, paper towels, markers, scissors, tape, tissues, glue sticks, sticky note pads, construction paper, rubber bands, folders, band-aids, tennis balls, binders, and backpacks.
Financial donations as well as supplies can be dropped off at the Chamber offices at The Roane Alliance, 1209 N. Kentucky Street in Kingston. Please call The Roane Alliance at 865-376-5572 if you have questions.