We plan and implement strategies for the controlled growth of Roane County’s economy as a unified voice representing the best Tennessee has to offer businesses, citizens and travelers.Visit Site
We bring growth-oriented businesses with strong ﬁscal discipline, infrastructure and workforce-ready people to East Tennessee.Visit Site
We attract travelers who seek unique heritage and the best outdoor recreational experiences to Roane County.Visit Site
We connect leaders and organizations for the beneﬁt of local and regional business growth.Visit Site
We empower leaders, parents and students to invest in education, so they are better prepared to fulﬁll the workforce opportunities of Roane County’s future.Visit Site
We offer natural beauty, historic charm and low-cost living, distinguishing Roane County as one of the best retirement destinations in the nation.Visit Site
Nearly Two Decades Later, Roane Alliance Still Making an Impact
The Roane Alliance became official in 2001 and nearly two decades later, it is as strong as ever and still making an impact. The 2018 Roane Alliance Annual Report will be released on February 20, providing not only the impact that was made in 2018, but also the impact each of the staff provides and how the Alliance works as a team.
The Alliance serves as the umbrella over the Industrial Development Board (IDB), Visitors Bureau and Chamber of Roane County. It is also the marketing organization for Roane County and after efforts rebranding and developing content, 2018 was the year that had a full arsenal of marketing collateral that would make an impact. Here are just a few:
- Spotlight on Fox 43’s Knoxville Weekend television show, a feature in Ohio Magazine and a full-page editorial in Travel South Magazine;
- Summer email campaign to 10,000 subscribers;
- Lowest unemployment since 2004, and within 0.1% of the national average;
- Increase of 383 jobs in our industries and one of the largest net job growths in over a decade;
- With RFIs continuing to be better than in recent years, Roane County also qualified for the most projects in five years;
- 143 Roane County graduates became Tennessee Scholars, a new record;
- Organized the state’s first ever “all teacher” visits, with every middle school teacher in Roane visiting five businesses;
- Awarded the Seal of Approval from the American Association of Retirement Communities (AARC);
- Visitors spent $2.33M more in Roane County in 2018, totaling close to $70M;
- Expansion and remodel of the K-25 Overlook, opening back up very soon;
- Attendance increased by 59%, with more than 1,500 Chamber members supporting other member’s events; and
- Chamber Ambassador program is still 50+ strong and now giving back to the community.
To learn more about these and other accomplishments, you can read the 2018 Roane Alliance Annual Report at www.RoaneAlliance.org/report or by calling 865.376.2093 for a copy after February 20.
The Roane Alliance mission is to create an environment and a unified voice that promotes job creation, economic development, enhanced quality of life, education and workforce. To learn more about the Alliance and its partners please call 865.376.2093 or visit www.roanealliance.org.