We plan and implement strategies for the controlled growth of Roane County’s economy as a unified voice representing the best Tennessee has to offer businesses, citizens and travelers.Visit Site
We bring growth-oriented businesses with strong ﬁscal discipline, infrastructure and workforce-ready people to East Tennessee.Visit Site
We attract travelers who seek unique heritage and the best outdoor recreational experiences to Roane County.Visit Site
We connect leaders and organizations for the beneﬁt of local and regional business growth.Visit Site
We empower leaders, parents and students to invest in education, so they are better prepared to fulﬁll the workforce opportunities of Roane County’s future.Visit Site
We offer natural beauty, historic charm and low-cost living, distinguishing Roane County as one of the best retirement destinations in the nation.Visit Site
Welcome to Roane County - the best of tennessee
Roane County is home to the nation's top research lab - Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the pioneer in renewable energy technology - Proton Power; here you will also uncover our fascinating past that changed our world; while enjoying inviting waterways, a robust recreational life, and breathtaking vistas. Discover how the best of Tennessee all comes together in Roane County.
WHY ROANE COUNTY?
- Located in the Knoxville/Oak Ridge Innovation Valley, a high-tech corridor and regional economic development partnership.
- Has ready Infrastructure; 8 designated exits on I-40 and only 3 miles from I-75; and 3 navigable rivers with 4 river terminals/barge facilities.
- Has pro-business state, county and city officials.
- 25 minutes to Knoxville and a commercial airport, 1 hour to Chattanooga or Pigeon Forge, and approximately 2 hours to Nashville or Asheville.
- 56,000 acres of recreation that includes 16,000 acres of public parks and wildlife areas surrounded by 39,000 acres of water set against the backdrop of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- TVA is the nation's most dependable power source and one of the nation's largest electric power systems in generating electricity, and Roane County is a designated TVA Silver-level sustainable community,
- 4 true seasons and generally mild temperatures.
- Home to Watts Bar Lake with 700+ shoreline miles are among the least developed in the state with affordable lake property still in abundance.
- 4 industrial and business parks with many types of sites available, including three state-certified industrial sites.
- School system aligned with post-secondary opportunities designed to meet growing workforce demands, closing the skills gap and continuing the 75-year legacy of having a workforce unmatched in skill.
- Gateway to the Manhattan Project National Historical Park, with two of the sites in the Roane County portion of Oak Ridge.
- Tennessee has a triple-A bond rating, the most recent sale at the lowest historical interest rates; and the state has no personal income tax on wages and salaries.
- Convenient, affordable lifestyle with easy access to quality healthcare, an active volunteer community, and opportunities for second careers for retirees.
With Tennessee's Innovation Corridor as the gateway to the Manhattan Project National Historical Park, Roane County's local infrastructure, strong economic climate and high quality of life make it an attractive choice for expansive opportunities.View More
Whether you live here or visit, you'll enjoy family-friendly festivals and sporting events, live music and the arts, stunning Watts Bar Lake with world-class fishing, and historic towns and museums.View More
The Roane County Chamber of Commerce works to enhance the lifestyle and business climate of Roane County and to promote existing business and industry.View More
Roane Alliance Mission & GOAL
Our mission is to create an environment and unified voice that promotes job creation, economic development, enhanced quality of life, education and workforce development across Roane County.
A Unified Drive. A United Force. Through the Industrial Development Board, the Visitors Bureau, Roane Chamber and programs such as Education Matters and Retire Roane we work to represent the best Tennessee has to offer businesses, citizens and travelers.
A unified Voice. A collaborative effort.
Roane County’s outstanding location, ready infrastructure, educated workforce, available industrial sites and established resume of success in retail, tourism and industry have been key factors in its economic growth and success.
Discover Our Cities & Towns
In the 1700s, Westward-bound settlers traveled Avery's Trace and discovered fertile land with magnificent mountains and rivers, now known as Roane County. Today, you'll still find discovery in our unique communities - Harriman, Kingston, Rockwood, Oliver Springs and Oak Ridge - settled among our abundant natural resources.
Time to Get Medieval at the 8th Annual Tennessee Medieval FairePosted on September 15, 2023 at 12:00am
Submitted by Barrie Paulson, VP/Director, Darkhorse Entertainment, LLC