We plan and implement strategies for the controlled growth of Roane County’s economy as a unified voice representing the best Tennessee has to offer businesses, citizens and travelers.Visit Site
We bring growth-oriented businesses with strong ﬁscal discipline, infrastructure and workforce-ready people to East Tennessee.Visit Site
We attract travelers who seek unique heritage and the best outdoor recreational experiences to Roane County.Visit Site
We connect leaders and organizations for the beneﬁt of local and regional business growth.Visit Site
We empower leaders, parents and students to invest in education, so they are better prepared to fulﬁll the workforce opportunities of Roane County’s future.Visit Site
We offer natural beauty, historic charm and low-cost living, distinguishing Roane County as one of the best retirement destinations in the nation.Visit Site
“We would hire 10 people tomorrow if they had the skillsets required.”
-President of a small business in Roane County
What if you could combine forces with Roane County schools to meet your workforce needs? No business is too small to take advantage of partnering with our schools. Any business not taking advantage of workforce partnerships is missing a tremendous opportunity.
Our goal in Roane County is to establish relationships between businesses and Career & Technical Education (CTE) teachers so they work together to:
- Create interest and competence in careers/skills (hard and soft) required by businesses to be successful.
- Identify activities, projects, assignments for the CTE classroom that address current workplace needs.
- Invite business representatives into the classroom to speak, lead activities, discuss careers.
- Establish Work-based Learning (WBL) positions for students; plan ahead for each school year.
- Help businesses identify students who will be good employees upon graduation.
- Encourage students to maintain contact with businesses of interest while continuing to acquire career skills and training.
We are looking for business representatives and CTE teachers, especially in these areas: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, plus Manufacturing, Transportation, Distribution & Logistics); Information Technology; Arts; Audiovisual Technology and Communications; Law; Public Safety; Corrections and Security; Therapeutic Nursing; Human Services; Business Management and Administration; Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources; Architecture and Construction.
Roane County needs you to be a member of this critical workforce development team. Please join us. Contact Allen Lutz, Education & Workforce Development Specialist, at alutz@RoaneAlliance.org or (865) 376-2093.
VIEW OUR ANNUAL REPORT.
A snapshot of Roane County's economy and an in-depth view of some of the Alliance’s most active, successful programming.